Join us as we visit Chiang Mai, Thailand in this travel guide exploring 20 things to do in Chiang Mai (เชียงใหม่). Chiang Mai is a city in northern Thailand we’ve been visiting on and off for nearly half a decade because of its ideal weather, incredible food scene, night markets, street food, nature and nightlife. Whether you’re interested in visiting elephants at the Elephant Nature Park or taking a Thai cooking class there is something for everyone here in Chiang Mai (清迈). Our Chiang Mai city guide will help you visit some off-the-beaten path Buddhist temples, taste authentic local Thai foods and ride around the city like a local in a Songthaew. Now let’s get started exploring Chiang Mai (清邁), Thailand (ราชอาณาจักรไทย)!
25 Things to do in Chiang Mai City Guide:
1) Wat Srisuphan (Silver Temple in Chiang Mai) – 00:24
2) Wat Chedi Luang (วัดเจดีย์หลวง) Temple of the big royal stupa – 01:19
3) Wat Phra Singh (วัดพระสิงห์วรมหาวิหาร) royal buddhist temple – 02:19
4) Wander around Chiang Mai old city wall and moat – 03:22
5) Chiang Mai Park (Nong Buak Hard Public Park) – 04:09
6) Chiang Mai Gate Food Market – 04:53
7) Thai street food in Chiang Mai – 05:27
8) Chiang Mai Saturday Night Market on Wua Lai Road – 09:09
9) Khao soi (ข้าวซอย) northern Thai dish – 09:26
10) Cooking class in Chiang Mai out in the countryside – 09:51
11) Wat Umong Suan Puthatham underground temple – 10:13
12) Wat Sakithaka Pha Lat temple hidden in the trees – 10:24
13) Wat Chedi Liam of ancient city Wiang Kum Kam – 10:29
14) Elephant Nature Park sanctuary and rescue centre – 10:34
15) International Food Scene in Chiang Mai – 10:51
16) Thai food at Dash restaurant in Chiang Mai – 12:01
17) Chiang Mai at night by Thapae Gate – 13:57
18) Chiang Mai Nightlife – 14:20
19) Drinking Thai beer – 14:29
20) Songthaew local transportation (สองแถว) – 14:54
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Chiang Mai travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (best restaurants and street food), top museums, fascinating temples and the city by day and evening when Chiang Mai (เชียงใหม่) comes alive at night. We also cover off-the-beaten-path activities you won’t find in a typical Chiang Mai tourism brochure, Chiang Mai city tour or Chiang Mai itinerary.
20 Things to do in Chiang Mai, Thailand Travel Guide Video Transcript:
Today we’re taking you around a city that we’ve been to many times before: Chiang Mai. Located in the heart of Northern Thailand, Chiang Mai is a growing city with laid back vibes, temples sprinkled around every corner, and a foodie scene that will make you drool. This is a destination where you come to unwind and that’s exactly what we did during our month long visit. Now let’s get started with this tour of Chiang Mai (清邁) so you can see what this city is all about:
One of the best things you can do in Chiang Mai is ditch the map and get lost inside the old city. It’s along the quiet back lanes that you’ll find cozy cafes, terracotta gardens, unvisited temples, and a little flavour of the old Chiang Mai.
As you’ve probably figured out, we’re not really into nightlife, but Chiang Mai does have lots of bars where you can enjoy a drink or two. We kept things light with a Chang beer.
And that’s a wrap for our visit to Chiang Mai, Thailand. We hope this video gave you a little taste of what this city is all about. We’ll be the first to tell you that we barely scratched the surface in terms of everything Chiang Mai (清迈) has to offer, but that being said, the goal of our time here was to relax, eat well, see friends, and catch up on work. As always, if you have any other suggestions of things to do, places to visit, and restaurants to eat at, feel free to share those with fellow travellers in the comments below. Until next time!
This is part of our Travel in Thailand video series showcasing Thai food, Thai culture and Thai cuisine.
Music Vibe With Me by Joakim Karud: http://soundcloud.com/joakimkarud
Video Rating: / 5